JAPOON SERVICE POLICIES
(Web Hosting and Other Related Services)
As a JAPOON customer or potential customer, please review and become familiar with the
billing, server, and support policies. Should you have any specific questions regarding these
policies, please contact our Service Staff via online form.
- The initial setup fee and first month's service fee will be billed to your credit
card before your server will be activated. If you have chosen an alternate payment
method (check, money order, transfer, etc.) we must receive the set-up fee and first
month's service fee in our office before we will activate your account.
- Payment for services can be made by a major credit card accepted by JAPOON. We also accept International Money Orders, Money Orders, and business or personal checks sent directly to our office. All payments should be posted in United States dollars.
- Refund will be given at the discretion of the company management.
- All new customers are required to agree to our online Server Agreement. A copy of the
agreement will also be sent to the email address listed on the account. Please do not fax
or mail a copy of the agreement since it was agreed to online.
- If the customer orders a Server after the first day of the month we will prorate the
first month's service fee. Only the first month's service fees are prorated. All monthly
service fees thereafter are billed for the entire month and are not prorated upon
- If we register a domain name through InterNIC in the customer's behalf, please be aware
that InterNIC will bill the customer separately for the domain name. Their current
registration fee is $70 which covers initial registration and updates to the domain name's
database record for a period of two years. Renewal fees are charged at the rate of
$35/year thereafter. There is no charge associated with transferring an existing domain to
JAPOON. If there are any questions about the InterNIC Fees, please refer to the
Fees & Payment Fact Sheet.
- Once an order has been processed, the Server configuration information and first
invoice will be sent to the customer directly via e-mail.
- All accounts are billed according to the calendar month. Terms are set at N/20, or
net amount due within 20 days of billing. Customers receive a monthly invoice on the
1st of every month via e-mail (no paper copy of the invoice will be sent). If the
customer is paying with a credit card, the credit card will be charged on or around
the 10th of the month. For those credit cards that are not cleared on the 10th, a
second billing attempt will take place on or around the 20th. If the customer is
paying with other methods (money order, check, etc), payment should be received at
our office by the 20th of the month. If the monthly invoice balance is left unpaid after
the 20th, account(s) are subject to being disabled. Notice of disabled accounts will
be sent to the customer via e-mail.
- Daily invoices will be sent via e-mail confirming the services ordered that day.
- Requests for modifications to an account, or anything that requires a charge or invoice,
must be requested via e-mail sent to our Service Staff via online form. Examples of
such requests include, but are not limited to: adding additional MB of space to a VS,
adding additional domain names to an existing VS, or requests for termination or
disablement of a Server account.
- All clients are responsible for backing up their own files separately.
- Unsolicited E-mail Policy Unsolicited e-mail or "spam" originating from a JAPOON account
or associated with one of your JAPOON accounts is not tolerated. This INCLUDES any e-mail
that promotes web sites hosted on JAPOON account but is sent from an e-mail address not
associated with that account.
- Use of distribution lists via unsolicited electronic mail or other mass electronic
mailings is strictly prohibited. The Provider reserves the right to deactivate the
Client's Server account(s) upon an indication of such activity.
- Activities Subject to Immediate Deactivation
Any Server that is used for illegal, abusive, or unethical activity may be immediately
deactivated by us without warning to you. Illegal, abusive or unethical activities
may include, but are not limited to, pornography, obscenity, nudity, violations of
privacy, hacking, computer virus, gambling, or promotion of gambling, and any
harassing or harmful materials or uses as determined by us. You agree to indemnify
and hold us harmless from any claim resulting from your publications or use of
illegal, abusive, or unethical materials. Although we will make reasonable effort
to alert you to such activities and allow you an opportunity to cure them within
a 12-hour period after discovery, we are not required to give such notice before
deactivating your use of our services if, in our discretion, your use is or results
in illegal, abusive, or unethical activities. If a Server is disabled, the regular
monthly fees still apply until the Server is terminated by the Client.
- Technical Support can be obtained in the following way:
- Submit a problem report using the online form.
- Send e-mail to our Support Staff via online form.
Please include your IP address, domain name, and a detailed synopsis of the problem.
- Our Support Staff is largely responsible for supporting our customers by isolating
specific problems that may be encountered while using our Servers. Realistically, our
Support Staff cannot focus large amounts of time fulfilling programming-specific cgi
script requests (this includes debugging). Our Support Staff will troubleshoot
specific programming problems that may be encountered insofar as they are related
to installation and configuration in the Server environment.
- Our Support Staff can offer recommendations and direct the Client to the necessary
resources that will allow them to create what is necessary for their express purposes.
Keep in mind that we offer technological expertise with our Servers and not web development.
- We do not expressly support third party vendor products that are not documented in our
existing "add-on" library on our web site. If you have a problem related to such third-party
applications and your problem is not specific to installing or running the program on one
of our servers or if the problem is beyond the scope of our support staff, your question
should be referred to the vendor of the program.
**Some features of the VS require that the server administrator have medium-to-advanced
technical abilities. UNIX experience is also helpful. Although our Support Staff is always
available to address specific problems you may be experiencing, our support is geared towards
users that have a basic understanding of web hosting.**
Back to Top